The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi everyone! This is my new arrangement of Charlie Parker's "Billie's Bounce" tune. Hope you'll enjoy it! I'll appreciate some feedback. Also, if you liked it, follow me on youtube for more videos

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Welcome Anastasia! Fine playing and arranging! I have seen at least one more of your videos on Youtube. The one where you played a very long Pat Martino solo note-for-note was particularly impressive! I'll check out more of your videos.

Regarding chord melody/solo stuff, I'm sure you know that ballads are perhaps the strongest match for that style of playing. Up tempo tunes can be great too although tougher to execute in some respects. But Wes and Joe showed us how to do it.

It would be interesting to know - how old were you when you started playing the guitar, and how did you learn or who did you study with, etc.?

Regardless, you are inspiring so keep up the great work!

User Info Menu

Stasia
    Good innovation putting a bebop head to chord/melody! Far more inventive than regurgitating someone elses work note for note! You should be proud)))
    A key to playing a head is keeping the rhythm going, in a steady forward moving manner. If i were teaching i would suggest slowing down for a while to eliminate the little pauses or variations you have in timing and rhythm while you go for the next chord.
    i never thought to do this, chord melody on the Billies Bounce head and thank you im off to give this a try!
    d

User Info Menu

Nah. That doesn't sound like a chord melody...

That sounds like something one of the jazz piano masters would play to intro the tune.

Love how you are feeling the groove in different ways in a clip that is a minute long.

A lot for us all to learn from, I'm sure

User Info Menu

Got melody. Got chords. Just cause it’s not Barney Kessel approved doesn’t mean it’s not a great idea and a good try.

Quote Originally Posted by Donplaysguitar
    Welcome Anastasia! Fine playing and arranging! I have seen at least one more of your videos on Youtube. The one where you played a very long Pat Martino solo note-for-note was particularly impressive! I'll check out more of your videos.

Regarding chord melody/solo stuff, I'm sure you know that ballads are perhaps the strongest match for that style of playing. Up tempo tunes can be great too although tougher to execute in some respects. But Wes and Joe showed us how to do it.

It would be interesting to know - how old were you when you started playing the guitar, and how did you learn or who did you study with, etc.?

Regardless, you are inspiring so keep up the great work!

I started playing the guitar at the age of 15, mostly classical. Then, when I was 17, started playing hard rock in a band. And several years later I entered the Jazz Department of College of Arts, now I'm a graduate.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzkritter
    Stasia
    Good innovation putting a bebop head to chord/melody! Far more inventive than regurgitating someone elses work note for note! You should be proud)))
    A key to playing a head is keeping the rhythm going, in a steady forward moving manner. If i were teaching i would suggest slowing down for a while to eliminate the little pauses or variations you have in timing and rhythm while you go for the next chord.
    i never thought to do this, chord melody on the Billies Bounce head and thank you im off to give this a try!
    d
    Thanks for the advice, I'll try it. And thanks for calling it innovation, I didn't think it was. Actually, I didn't choose a bebop tune on purpose, it was an accident)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nas
    Hi everyone! This is my new arrangement of Charlie Parker's "Billie's Bounce" tune. Hope you'll enjoy it! I'll appreciate some feedback. Also, if you liked it, follow me on youtube for more videos

Nice playing! Looking forward to your thoughts on jazz and guitars and stuff!